ProfitBooks makes it very easy to create invoices. You can create 2 types of invoices with ProfitBooks:
1) Credit Invoice (Used when the payment is expected in future)
2) Cash Invoice (Used over the counter sales)
Before creating an invoice, check whether the product/service is added in item section. For adding new product/service, go to Items> Product/Services.
Steps to create a Credit Invoice:
From Income menu, click on Invoices. Click on New Invoice to create a new credit invoice.
Now follow these steps:
1) Select an existing customer by typing first few characters of his name. You can also create a new customer by clicking on the + icon. If this customer pays you in foreign currency, you will have to enter the exchange rate.
2) If your invoice setting allows you to put your own number, please enter the Invoice Number, otherwise it will be auto generated based on the preferences.
3) Enter the invoice date – it's the date on which invoice is raised. You can enter previous date as well if required.
4) Enter the due date. This field will automatically populate the next week’s date. If you have mentioned the ‘Credit Days’ for a selected customer, due date will be calculated accordingly.
5) Enter the purchase order reference number in PO Ref # field if this invoice is linked to a purchase.
6) ProfitBooks lets you add up to 3 custom fields on invoices. You can edit them on Invoice Settings.
7) Now, let's add the invoice items. Once you create a product from ‘Inventory’ screen, you’ll be able to select products from the dropdown list by just typing first few characters of the product name.
8) Description will automatically appear for the products. However, you can make changes to it.
9) Click on the Quantity field to enter the quantity. If inventory is enabled for the selected product, system will show the available quantity.
10) Unit Cost will be populated automatically. However, you can update the price if required.
11) Enter the discount in percentage.
12) Select the appropriate tax from the list.
13) You can add new items by clicking on the ‘Add New Row’ button
14) Click on ‘Add Other Charge’ to record other changes like shipping charges, round-off amount, etc. You will have to create these accounts from the Chart of Accounts screen.
15) You can also mention if the amounts are tax inclusive or exclusive.
16) Enter the Customer Notes and Terms & Conditions as per your business requirement.
18) You can make the invoice repeat in future and schedule the frequency. Invoice will be automatically created and mailed to the customer at a scheduled time.
19) Save the invoice. If you exit the screen without saving, the invoice will be saved as draft.
20) Once its saved, you will see options to record payment, Edit or Delete, Settle, Email or print (creates PDF) the invoice as shown below.
Similarly, create Cash Invoice.
Go to Income>Invoices.
Click on "New Invoice". You will get an option to make a Cash Invoice. Click on same.
Fill in all the details such as customer name, mobile number, email, GSTIN, place of supply, date, account type.
Select Tax Inclusive (Yes/No), select the item, description, quantity, unit cost, discount, taxes, if applicable. You can also add customer notes and terms and conditions.
Hope this guide was helpful.