To record bank charges, first you have to create an account with the name of bank charges.
For creation of account go to Accounting > Charts of account and click on new account and fill the details as shown in below image and save it.
Now you can record Bank charges via following steps:
Expenses > Record Expense > New Expense
Click on Cash Expense.
Fill in the details:
1) Paid from Account - Select the account from the drop down
2) Expense Record Date- Select the date on which the bank charges are paid
3) Select project - You can select if you want to group the transactions.
4) Expense - Select Bank Charges from the drop down, enter the description, tax if any applicable and enter the amount.
5) Attach a scanned proof (image or pdf document) - You can attach the bank charge receipt
6) Narration - In case anything specific that needs to be mentioned
Click on Save and its Done !!