Advance payment is a type of payment made ahead of its normal schedule such as paying for a good or service before you actually receive it.
To record advance paid to Vendors follow the below steps :
Expenses > Make Payments > Payment Vouchers > Advance Payments
Click on Add New Record.
Select Advance Payment and enter the below details :
1) Pay To : Select from the drop down box the vendor name
2) Pay From : Select the account (Bank name) from which you want to pay.
3) Payment Date: Select the date from drop down
4) Amount : Enter the payment amount
5) TDS applicable Yes/ No : Please select the as applicable or not (If yes Select TDS Selection and Amount)
6) Payment Mode: Cash, Cheque, Credit/Debit Card, Internet Banking
7) Description : Enter the details
Click on Save and its done.
You can see the Advance paid record and can allocate to Purchase/Expenses. The same can be edited.